Thursday, September 4, 2014

Me

Who am I? That isn't a question that can be answered in 200 to 400 words. People are so much more than that, a lifetime of experiences. But in a nutshell, here I am.
My passion is horses. Here, I am with my horse Harley. I have been riding since I was 7 years old, and have had Harley since I was 9. Most of my stories and art are centered around horses. They are my world.
I also love the theater. I have acted in 11 plays with the Munroe Park Theater Guild, and have stage-managed 4 plays. Currently, we are woking on Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? 
Reading and writing stories is another pastime of mine. My favorite books are the Eragon series, the Kay Scarpetta series, the Dresden Files, and just about any crime thriller or fantasy book. 
I am a member of the school band and play the trumpet. I am a returning member of Science Olympiad, having gone to state with the team last year. I am an incoming NJHS member and Eco-Club participant. 
Country is my favorite (and only) music genre. Toby Keith and Zac Brown Band are my favorite artists. Some of my favorite songs are Chicken Fried, American Soldier, Beer For My Horses, The Outsiders, Bullets In The Gun, and so many more. I could go on for pages.
Talking about myself is much harder than I expected, especially over the Internet. Communication is so much easier face to face, where a person can continue or stop talking based on the signals the listener puts out. Communication is, of course, meant to be face to face, but humans have adapted to speaking over a distance, due to technology such a the telephone and e-mail. Those two sentences were easier to write than most of this post. I really am better at writing about things that aren't myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment